Digital health continues to accelerate and reach new record funding of $1.62 billion in Q1:2018. New digital hospitals are emerging that are designed to boost efficiency and reshape the future of healthcare delivery. Smart hospitals utilize different digital health technologies to enhance operational productivity and increase patient satisfaction.
Deloitte Center for Health Solution spearheaded a crowdsourcing simulation involving experts around the globe to develop use-case concepts for the design of digital hospitals to improve the quality and safety of patient care, including the following:
- Centralized Clinical Centers for Care Delivery – Centralized clinical command centers and digital monitoring equipment can provide decision makers with real-time support tools to help them make faster clinical decisions. Portable devices enable clinicians to perform various tests at patients’ bedside. Robots can be used to deliver medical supplies and food to patients.
- AI for Digital Patient Experience – Artificial intelligence technologies can help enable on-demand interaction and seamless processes through a choice of devices to improve patient experience. Digital hospitals can better inform and educate patients, ease their anxiety, and empower them to actively participate in care before, during, and after the hospital stay.
- RPA for Enhanced Talent Development – Robotic Process Automation (RPA) enables health professionals to spend more time providing care and less time documenting it, as well as enhancing development and learning among caregivers. Staff development can focus on continuous learning through virtual simulations and online courses.
- Automate Hospital Ancillary for Operational Efficiency – Digital supply chains, automation, robotics, and next-generation interoperability can drive operations management and back-office efficiencies. Using robotics to automate hospital ancillary and back-office services can generate considerable cost and time efficiencies, and improve reliability.
- Custom Patient Rooms for Healing – The well-being of patients and staff members with an emphasis on the importance of environment and experience in healing will likely be important in future hospital designs. Customized patient rooms have the potential to promote good physical, spiritual, and mental health, and contribute to quicker patient recovery.
Succeed in Value-based RCM through Outsourcing
The advances in digital technologies, changing reimbursement models, and growing patient demand are making value-based care a must-have for hospitals. These innovations can help physicians and health organizations retain and grow their patient base.
Outsourcing is a great option in adopting a comprehensive, value-based care strategy. It can give digital hospitals a competitive advantage and reduce costs. As healthcare revenue cycle management (RCM) switches to value-based reimbursement, hospitals and physicians can benefit from the support of an expert medical billing provider to improve RCM performance and raise revenues.
Whether you need Claims Processing, Medical Billing, or a full array of Healthcare Management Solutions, Infinit-O is here to help you succeed! We handle all aspects of the revenue cycle management outsourced process for various types of healthcare practices. Do you want to schedule a consultation or have a few inquiries? Get in touch with us today.