In an age of customer, purchase order matching and entry have high error rates and customer complaints go unanswered for weeks. The typical ways for improving buyer-seller relationship – process rationalization and automation – has not yielded the remarkable improvement companies need. Particularly, huge investments in IT resulted in poor results – mostly because companies tend to make use of technology to automate hoary ways of improving business performance. They place the current processes intact and use PCs only to get faster results.
But speeding up is not a handy solution. You need to address all your basic needs. One way to improve purchase order matching and entry is to help examine all processes more professionally, but a better option is to avoid all the variations at first. You have to set up an “in-voiceless processing”. At this moment when the purchasing department places an order, it places the information into online record. This department does not need to mail a copy to everyone in the organization. When the supplies come, you need to check your records if they match an existing purchase order. If it is matched, you must accept them and enter it into your PC.
In four different types of purchase order matching and entry levels, you must:
- List the products you want to send;
- List the quantities of a single product that you want to deliver to your business in a series of consignments, usually on a set deadline;
- List products that you want to ship straight to your buyer. The seller sends you a receipt, and you send a bill to your buyer; and
- List the numbers of a single product that you want to deliver straight to your buyers in a series of consignments, generally on a set deadline. The seller sends you a receipt and you send a bill to the buyer.
Another way to overcome those performance deficits is to focus on three levels of relationships:
- Adversarial: This approach designs dynamic power management strategy. It is the level where buyers drop sellers even on the last bit of a discount. Focusing specifically on cost at this level is very important for both.
- Barometric: In global business, Barometer level refers to an indicator about the fluctuations in economy. At this level, both of you has to check the atmospheric pressure (business atmosphere) and fluctuation in sales taxes. Although it is very close relationship but still you need to develop a trustworthy relationship with one another. Normally it is a short-term contract but the results are long-term.
- Complementary: This level shapes long-term business relations. It is where true bonding or integral partnering occurs. Both of you should have a mutual level of trust and a proper understanding of your values and needs. In complementary level, efforts are made on both ends to help get exactly what is required.
Nowadays business professionals are way too busy negotiating with suppliers for maximum discount, overseeing global agreements and making decision on selection. In such situation, most prefer third party services. These include trained professionals to help you in overcome those patchy areas: creating list of purchase order, managing procurement, developing a strategy for detailed accounts information, entering funds and recording other vital required information. A perfect purchase order matching and entry would certainly improve your company’s performance. Bottom line: A professional accounts payable team is a must to improve buyer-seller relationship.